Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Getting ready

First let me tell you that I am not going to post when we are going on this trip.   I am going to go out on a limb and  assume that 99.99% of you who read my blogs would never break in to my house and rob us while are trekking across the southeast, but there is that .01% I might not know.  Lets just say; we have a little more time.

When I start to think about this trip I know we will have a great time, but 2400 miles is one really long crazy drive, what in the world am I going to do with the people in the car that long?   How many movies can they watch?    I mean really?


I have picked up a few new movies on sale  that I have hidden away for the trip.  I found Toy Story 3 and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader for $9.99 on sale at Boarders - sweet deals  they are $25 at Target and Walmart!

I don't want them to rot there minds then entire trip with movies so here are a few other things I got for the kids to do as we ride along....

 We bought at GPS for the trip , the kids loving named it Jane, because it is so good at  back set driving  giving GREAT directions, just like me.     I also got a cheap US road map so they could map out our trip and see where we are and where we are headed.


I would like them to keep a journal on this trip , one where they can not only write what they saw, but could tape in post cards or other little things along the way.   I bought Thomas one, but made the little ones cute journals that they would like.   David's has Yogi Bear and Margaret has a pink cowgirl cover.   She picked it, it seems very Texas .


I have found some fun car games on line that I could print and bring.  One is a scavenger hunt for the car.   You have to find cows, police , boat and so on, I got a license  plate game where they can mark off every state they see and  Road Trip Bingo.  Fun (I hope)    I copied enough not only for the kids but the whatever adult is not driving.   Nothing like a little adult kid competition.

One more thing I saw, haven't done yet but will is make tickets to pass out with little prize written on them.   If you have been kind to your sister you can have a ticket.  The ticket is good for small things like a drink of choice at the next rest stop or you get to pick the next movie.    I will post on this when I get them made.    All I have to say is Thank you Family Fun Magazine for some fun ideas.


That is it so far... I will keep you posted.

  

1 comment:

  1. those are some great ideas Jane. I need to do the ticket thing now just driving around town!

    ReplyDelete