I told Chap I need to "Ikea" my van - he looked puzzled and he should I made it up. What I was trying to say is I need to be like Ikea - were they take 350 square feet and use creative storage and make it a living space for a family of 3. I need to use creative storage solutions to get all the stuff we need for this trip in to my Honda Odyssey and still have room for the 3 adults and 3 kids and not have the van look a like a bomb went off in it. It needs to be somewhat organized or I think I will be nuts by the time we hit Atlanta.
I am not too worried about the luggage , its really all the other stuff, like DVD players, movies, music, books.... Those are the things that we need for the drive.
Here is the first thing Margaret and I did. We made cute little bags to fit over the back of the set. They go over the head rest and hang below the DVD players. We made them for Margaret, David and the adult who is sitting in the 2nd row. They have pockets to fit pens, ipod and for Margaret and Nana , a pocket for their kindles. (We didn't make Thomas one - you know he is 12 and might be too cool for the bag. I have something else for him.- If he gets home from boy scout camp really wants one we can whip up one more)
As many of you know I do NOT sew - so the first one was hard - but by the 2nd and 3rd got easier - except that I put the last on together wrong and Nana's pockets are upside down - oh well , it still has plenty of space on the inside.
The 3 bags
The inside - you can see the kindle pocket - the outside pockets are the ones upside down - oh well.
Now on to find something to fit between the driver and passenger set. Ikea needs a car organization section.


No comments:
Post a Comment