We went to Uwharrie and thankfully all we saw around our camp site were granddaddy long legs! Not a big foot to be seen and between you and me I am thankful. Ok I didn't really think we would see a big foot, but still thankful. The kids did leave out a Snickers bar on a stump, like they did on the TV show, but in the morning all that had eaten it were a few ants.
Having never been to Uwharrie, we were not sure what to expect, it turned out to be the most wonderful place. The weather this weekend was perfect. Our camp site was right on the lake, the bath houses were clean, and even though it was completely full, it didn't seem at all crowded. We will be headed back there again soon. Who knew you could get so far away from Charlotte in just a little over an hour.
Here are the photos of the weekend... enjoy....
Our camp site, right on the water
view from sunset
There was a dock not far and Chap and the kids went fishing, I took pictures and put on worms when needed. (I am not good with worms) When David got tired, the two of us took a walk.
Margaret and Chap caught a tiny catfish. She is her daddy's girl. She will sit quiet and wait for a fish forever.
Back at camp, we sat and chatted, hung out and enjoyed the perfect weather.
Margaret can start a fire with out a match! She built the base of the fire, pine needles, kindling, small sticks... As she made it, the wind picked up and a coal from the morning got sparked and started her fire. She was very happy to start her own fire especially with out a match.
We ate smores...
On Friday afternoon when we got to camp, after the tent was set up, Chap took the kids fishing. I stayed back to finish setting up camp and then had time alone to sit and read my Bible. Talk about a quiet time. It was just me , God and the woods.
It was good.
We will return to Uwharrie.
I'm with you... I love to car camp with running water!
ReplyDelete